Thursday, January 24, 2008

Web 2.0 Class

January 24, 2008~As I embark on the journey of the Web 2.0 class, the Internet and its uses never stop amazing me. Animoto, Google Docs, Blogging..why do we even use pencils? Students can have class and respond using various tools and never touch a piece of paper. I would love to have a classroom with no pencils or papers...Synchroneyes has quiz wizard, SMART has senteos, Blogs, moodle....the possiblities are endless...Now..the job is to assist those teachers that are not at the technology comfort level to use the web and its tools. I keep thinking about the video clip posted on my December 10th posting and how it is our job to assist the students in the "new age" of technology.

I have used several techniques to assist my teachers in attempting to cross the digital divide and would love to hear others as they experienced the trasformation with their teachers as they crossed over...

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly technology changes and grows. I chuckle to myself when I think about how far we've come in educational technology since I started in the 90's. I think it is hard for most educators to even imagine what skill set our students will really even need as they enter the workplace in the future. Things will be so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,
    I have been involved in this since the 90's with my classroom and the SEIRTEC experience. It is hard to imagine how far we all have come. I think it is growing at an overwhelming rate.

    We have have the mind set to think and plan how we are going to use technology to be our slaves. How do we choose the right tools, hardwares, cell phones, digital camera, Ipod, Kindle, Flickr, etc to make our lives easier? That will be the tough issues that we will face.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the 1990's?...I cant get past today!! Great blog....ed

    ReplyDelete